Is Lobster High In Mercury?

Lobster can be rather high in mercury because of the fact that it is eats bottom-dwelling organisms in the ocean which can contain a lot of mercury. It is highly recommended that you avoid eating significant amounts of lobster on a regular basis as you could eventually experience problems with mercury toxicity, although it is fairly unlikely.

There are certain types of fish that contain more mercury than others and with lobsters you never really know how much each one has in it. This particular type of shellfish does not inherently have a lot of mercury in it but most of the mercury it does have comes from other things it eats in the ocean.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *